- As the COVID crisis has highlighted, educational choice is crucial to providing quality education to all students
- I will support expanding quality cyber, charter and home school opportunities, while strengthening public and private brick-and-mortar schools.
- Ensuring a quality education and access to that education to all social economic classes, even in these difficult circumstances.
- Future generations are counting on us to preserve and protect our environment
- While balancing the need for protection, I will encourage the responsible use of our natural resources for economic development
- I will support common sense legislation to find solutions for chronic wasting disease in our white-tailed deer population and the spotted lantern fly invasion.
- I will work to find creative solutions to the healthcare crisis in Pennsylvania, instead of waiting for the Federal government to do it.
- Telemedicine, mobile clinics and urban store-front clinics may be the solutions that will work for Pennsylvania.
- I will support using HSAs (health savings accounts) or some other system as a way to bring down healthcare costs in Pennsylvania
Life, Liberty, Freedom
Science proves that human beings can’t produce any life other than another human being. Therefore, in the act of conception, this life created is a human being and deserves to be protected. Legislation allowing for “post-birth abortion” highlights the violence of taking of innocent human life in any form of development. Infanticide was the name assigned for this action, and it was against the law in all states. Now, the push to include these barbaric practices is appearing in the Commonwealth. I will stand in opposition to any legislation that would allow for the killing of children after they are born. My vote to pass the Down Syndrome Protection Act would reflect my belief that all life is sacred.
The ability to live free from government intrusion is the basis of the rights we all enjoy. I will protect the right to religious freedom and freedom of speech. I am willing to defend unpopular ideas and the right to speak them. The way to counter the concepts we disagree with is to encourage more dialogue, not less. Free-speech zones and similar methods used to limit speech do not strengthen the free exchange of ideas.
The right to bear arms, guaranteed in our State and Federal Constitutions, must also be protected. The right to self-protection is a fundamental right, and I will support legislation that protects our Second Amendment. “Red flag laws,” are laws that would require someone to prove they are innocent of charges made against them. That turns our ideas of justice completely on its head. They are a violation of due process rights or the idea that a person accused is “presumed innocent until proven guilty” and I would not support them for that reason.